We have a unique role for one of the regions leading international manufacturing companies, this newly re-worked role would suit and experienced Purchasing Manager with plenty of international experience and multi site /multi discipline experience. There are a number of companies within our clients portfolio and this role would cover all businesses within the group.
Key duties could include:
Developing, managing and optimising the purchasing supply chain across the group. Overseeing and consolidating the activities of this procurement function across sites to support all manufacturing facilities purchasing needs. Responsibility for the direction of the materials management and purchasing function to achieve world-class service and inventory goals.
Development of best in class processes and building on current ERP framework operationally to meet current and future business needs.
Heading up global and local purchasing building and managing relationships both internally and externally with end-to-end supply chain partners across the business, planning and delivering into a growing product portfolio.
The role will have significant financial responsibility and accountability balancing controlled inventory levels to maximise service levels while remaining focused on reduced stock opportunity to deliver cash flow benefits to the bottom line. Profitability and expansion through acquisitions and organically through new product introductions is key in delivering our future growth expectations.
Mentoring, coaching and leading a small team of direct reports making sure the purchasing and operations department team works within all of the company’s operational procedures and is fully aligned inter-departmentally across the business.
Developing and supporting key MRP/ERP operational aspects of the various businesses within the group providing guidance and support to your team with clear directives.
To support continuous improvement projects that help streamline, improve efficiencies and drive out cost throughout the businesses. To work alongside various project teams to deliver new products and processes within your function.
Lead key supplier negotiations and forging firm but fair trading relationships will be pivotal in your success within a challenging and price sensitive marketplace.
• Establishing and maintaining measurable performance metrics for all levels of procurement activities, including supplier performance, internal production order placement and material shortage elimination.
• Accountability for day-to-day purchasing activities ensuring customers’ needs are delivered in budget and within our agreed supplier SLA requirements.
• Strategically review and improve current high cost and long lead time procurement items; specifically electronics and raw materials.
• Strategically review and reduce current logistical costs across the end-to-end supply chain locally and globally.
• Develop and maintain a high-performance culture in the function, resulting in continued success to meet business KPI’s.
• Team management including objective setting, personal development plans, etc.
• Collaborating with the compliance and quality team on supplier audits and selection process to align business wide performance metrics.
• Hands-on management in developing and delivering category strategies, including negotiation, managing suppliers, strategic sourcing, managing risk and considering technology opportunities.
• Monthly reporting updates to board across all areas of responsibility and accountability.
• Comprehensive support on project budgeting and cost management, NPD etc.
• Collaboration with customer services and sales to review order profile, forecasting and planning needs and to liaise with counterparts in other functional areas to ensure alignment of deliverables to customer.
• Negotiating proposals, contract modifications and agreements
• Development of current system processes, including inventory management, WIP locations and finished good profile, re-order points and safety stock opportunities.
Minimum 5 years purchasing /operational experience at a senior level.
University Degree or CIPS.
Extensive background in managing supplier performance in a manufacturing environment.
International Sourcing (including the Far East)
Good knowledge of a manufacturing based ERP System.
Experience in developing ERP Systems –Syspro etc.
Experience in Injection Moulding and Electronics Industry
Excellent IT skills (Experience in using Microsoft packages)
Project Management and the ability to complete tasks against tight deadlines
Good understanding of manufacturing processes
People Management / Development
Full driving licence Personal Qualities
Self-motivated / Results driven
Excellent Interpersonal skills
Hands-on approach /Team player
Good Time Management
Good Analytical skills
3 days ago
This position is being advertised by a recruitment agency.
- Email Me This Job
- Print Details