Java Mid-level Software Developer
Reporting to the Development Manager, you will be working within a team of highly experienced developers who are engaged in ensuring consistent product functionality and enhancing our client’s application to ensure it stays at the forefront of the field. You will have 3-5 years of commercial experience developing web applications in Java SE or EE. This role will give you an opportunity to progress your software engineering career - you will be given responsibility to contribute as a design authority as well as contribute to the development and coding of product enhancements.
Our client is a fast-growing and profitable privately-owned company based in Crawley, West Sussex. Their portfolio of cloud-based real-time call and contact analytics software is delivered through their network of IT and telecoms partners around the world and they have over 4,000 active customer sites globally. They are proud to have been recognised within the industry, winning various awards in 2019. They are part of the Cisco Partner Ecosystem and a member of the Cisco Solution Partner Program.
This role would be suitable for a demonstrably skilled software developer looking to progress and develop their software engineering design authority skills. You must be able to demonstrate several years of proven commercial experience developing web applications in a range of technologies and programming languages, as well as a strong understanding and knowledge in ‘programming internals’ such as the management of data structures, text string management resources, network connectivity, and other logic and algorithmic areas. Technical capability, confidence in your ability and future potential will be key to being successful and you will enjoy being part of a friendly team in this dynamic industry.
• Develop yourself as a design authority expert across various technical areas of our product
• Full software lifecycle involvement in enhancing the web application, e.g. designing, coding and maintaining server-side components in Java
• Run and maintain test scenarios, in addition to addressing defects
• Full participation in Agile software development activities, i.e. daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, and backlog creation activities
• Write supporting design and technical documentation
Qualifications and Experience - Essential
• 3+ years of commercial experience developing multi-threaded server-side applications using Oracle Java, including exceptional knowledge of Generic Programming
• Multi-threaded server-side web application development using Java in a Servlet web container using an MVC architecture-based framework such as Struts, JSF, etc.
• Good English communication skills, verbal and written
Qualifications and Experience - Desirable
• Dynamic web page generation using Java Server Pages
• Linux configuration and administration skills
• Linux Shell scripting knowledge
• Knowledge of databases and SQL
22 hours ago
This position is being advertised by a recruitment agency.
- Email Me This Job
- Print Details