Helpdesk Network Engineer
We are looking for Helpdesk Network Engineer with at least 3 years of experience in a similar IT business working in a Helpdesk environment. To fulfil the role of Helpdesk Network Engineer for our client, an award-winning Internet Service Provider providing managed services to companies across the UK.
Our client is a specialist ISP with a range of different customers of all sizes across the UK who do particularly interesting things with connectivity. They are ISO27001 certified and take data security very seriously. The lovely thing is that, bar members of the sales team, the staff work together on one site in St Leonards overlooking the sea.
The team is a group of technical people, some who have come through the apprentice route, some who have more experience, but they all have the customers' interests at heart. That is the key responsibility - a can do attitude with a desire to get it right first time for the customer, many of whom come to know the staff by name.
No two days are the same, bar the fact that customers contact them by phone or email and they move quickly as a company. They have processes and procedures to follow, but also the opportunity to train up and bring new ideas to the fore. Sometimes the office appears quiet and peaceful, but underneath the surface there is a lot of thinking going on.
You will be responsible for assisting them in continuing to achieve their reputation for excelling in customer care through the:
· Provision of technical support, advice and guidance to their clients.
· Development of excellent customer relationships through providing professional and problem focussed solutions to clients’ queries and issues.
· Adherence to the core practices to monitor and measure customer support and supplier contact.
· Commitment to continuous professional development. Maintaining a thorough technical knowledge of products and services
· Problem-solving of issues with services in a logical and thorough manner, seeing faults through to resolution, including the updating of support tickets.
· Managing of customer networks proactively (where appropriate) and completing technical documentation when required.
· Managing replacement of faulty customer equipment and to configure new equipment.
· Attendance of customer sites on occasion in order to deliver new equipment or services, or carry out fault diagnostics.
· Maintenance of security on customer networks and the application of security principles across all aspects of the role.
· Monitoring of the performance of suppliers and highlighting any issues with suppliers to management.
· Identification of clients’ needs effectively and addressing them in the most appropriate way, ensuring a positive outcome.
· To keep the customer portals updated and ensure that all customer transactions are recorded.
· To achieve a high level of customer satisfaction by providing as an effective service as possible to clients.
· Maintain proactive, clear and effective communication with customers at all times.
· To learn the business needs of customers and respond accordingly.
· To follow data protection procedures at all times and handle customer data in a secure way.
· Customer service skills - must have a track record of working with the general public
· Good communication skills - highly numerate and literate
· Clean UK driving licence
2 hours ago
This position is being advertised by a recruitment agency.
- Email Me This Job
- Print Details