Job: Apprentice IT Technician
An excellent opportunity for an Apprentice to join a large Lloyds Insurance Broker as a Trainee IT Technician. The purpose of the role is provide support for the Application Support Team. Responsible for all back end support for Office 365, Microsoft Teams, and our Virtual desktop solution and all broking applications with a strong knowledge and experience for the retail Acturis application.
* They will support all new developments and enhancements through the testing and release process
* Manage through to resolution incidents and service requests for all applications supported by the Application Management team.
* Ensure feedback to stakeholders is provided in a timely manner regarding progress of their calls and development requests.
* Provide a quality, reliable and timely support service delivering to the agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA's).
* Work with cross-functional teams both internal and external 3rd party suppliers to resolve on-going technical issues.
* Produce and maintain technical support guides, service catalogue & other relevant documentation.
* Perform daily, monthly and periodic application and system checks, and take appropriate action in optimising system uptime and deliver outputs in a timely manner.
* Work with Technology teams as necessary communicating any systems/software upgrades and patches, and diagnosing any application or system issues.
* Triage defects, identify potential fixes and manage incidents through to resolution, either by an internal team or via an external supplier; communicating with the business user until issue is resolved.
* Ensure effective communication is in place to manage incidents and system downtime to the business user community.
Key Skills Required:
* Good knowledge of Office 365 environment
* Strong general IT skills
* Attention to detail
* Collaborative approach
* Good organisational skills
* Good customer service skills
This role would suit a recent school/ colleague leaver looking for a trainee role within an IT Technician function which provides full training and development opportunities.
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
14 days ago
This position is being advertised by a recruitment agency.
- Email Me This Job
- Print Details